POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media in Povray 3.5 : Re: Media in Povray 3.5 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media in Povray 3.5
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 16 Feb 2003 13:50:54
Message: <3e4fdd8e$1@news.povray.org>
> > If the volume is denser, this should have different effects, like being
> > absorbed faster, but since we've got more "particles" to light, it also
> > gets brighter. Hence I use absorption to compensate for that.
>
> The color value given is a multiplier for the total density value. The
> closest thing to "number of particles" is samples.

I'm not so sure about that, I may be wrong. As I understand it,
samples/intervals/method are an approach on how to calculate the
actual media, they don't represent "particles" of the media
itself.

An you may be right about that density being just a multiplier, though
I'm not quiet sure if different densities don't have a different effect
than just multiplying the scattering/absorption/emission values...

Does someone have true insight into this (since you wrote "Should be,
anyway", I assuming you're not quiet sure about this either)?

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde